Minor Marriage Applications in Valley Stream, NY

Application for a Minor to Get Married (M Petition)
For obvious reasons, this type of petition is rarely if ever filed, particularly in today's day and age. Odds are if you are on this page, you were simply curious.
New York State does allow children as young as age 14 to get married. For 16 and 17 year olds only the permission of both parents is required. However if the child is 14 or 15 years of age a petition must be filed with the Family Court and the marriage must receive the approval of a Family Court judge.
The law firm of Simon & Milner in Valley Stream, New York are here if you have questions about marriage applications. Call (516) 561-6622 or (800) 807-5616.